Sunday, May 19, 2013

#23 The Daily Affirmation Prayer


by Dr. Stephen R. Phinney

We are near the end of the series - Faithful Father: Restoring Hearts of Children to the Father. I strongly encourage you to proclaim The Daily Affirmation Prayer aloud for the next 10 days and return to this prayer as often as needed. It will build a spiritual foundation in your soul; help you maintain the ground you have taken back from the enemy; and remind you of the victory you have in Christ Jesus.  

THE DAILY AFFIRMATION PRAYER  

Today, I deliberately choose to submit myself fully to God as He has made Himself known to me through the Holy Scripture. I honestly accept it as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice. In this day, I will not judge God, His work, others, or myself.  

By faith, I recognize that the true God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, Sustainer, and End of all things. He is the Alpha and the Omega. I confess that God, as my Creator, made me for Himself. Therefore, in this day, I choose to live for Him. 

By faith, I recognize that God loves me and chose me in Jesus Christ before time began. By faith, I recognize that God has proven His love to me in sending His Son to die in my place, in Whom every provision has already been made for my past, present, and future needs through His representative work. Also, I recognize I have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus in the heavenly places, and anointed with the Holy Spirit. 

By faith, I recognize that God has accepted me since I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior; He has forgiven me; He has adopted me into His family, assuming every responsibility for me; He has given me eternal life; He has applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to me so that I am now justified; He has made me complete in Christ; and He offers Himself to me as my daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith.  

By faith, I recognize that the Holy Spirit has baptized me into the Body of Christ; sealed me; anointed me for life and service; seeks to lead me into a deeper walk with Jesus; and fills my life with Him.  

By faith, I recognize that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. I confess that in my Salvation, my part was only to receive Him. He dealt with my sin and saved me. Now I confess that in order to live a holy life, I can only surrender to His will and receive Him as my sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in my life (without and within), so I may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest, and power for His glory.  

For this day, I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as He has revealed Himself in the Scripture--to obey Him. I confess my sin, face the sinful reality of my old nature that is dead, and deliberately choose to walk in the light--in step with Christ--throughout the hours of this day.  

For this day, I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as revealed in the Scripture--to believe Him. I accept only His Word as final authority. I now believe that since I have confessed my sin, He has already forgiven and cleansed me. I accept at full value His Word of promise to be my sufficiency and rest and I will conduct myself accordingly.  

For this day, I make the decision of faith to recognize that God has made every provision, so that I may fulfill His will and calling in my life. Therefore, I will not make any excuse for my sin and failure.  

For this day, I make the decision of faith to deliberately receive from God the provision that He has made for me. I renounce all self-effort to live the Christian life and to perform God’s service; I renounce all sinful praying which asks God to change circumstances and people so that I may be more spiritual; I renounce all drawing back from the work of the Holy Spirit within and the call of God without; and I renounce all non-biblical motives, goals, and activities which serve my sinful pride. I receive Jesus as my sanctification, my deliverance, my anointing, and my promise for daily living.  

In Jesus’ name I pray – Amen!


Daily Affirmation Prayer Copyright © 2013 IOM America. Permission to reproduce for educational purposes. Please keep author’s name intact.

All Scriptures, unless otherwise stated, are taken from the New American Standard Bible, © Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment